The PIABA Foundation

Promoting Investor Education

(405) 310-2444
 (855) 410-2444



Need Help?

Arbitration Clinics

A number of law schools provide legal representation through Securities Arbitration and Mediation Clinics. These Clinics help parties who have smaller claims and who are unable to hire a lawyer. Under the supervision of attorneys, law students will represent qualified parties in Arbitrations and Mediations before FINRA. Parties need to determine if they qualify for help from a Clinic as some clinics will not handle claims above a set amount, or if your household income is too high. Because qualifications may change, it is important to check directly with each Clinic for qualification information. read more. . .

Additional Help

Attorney Referrals
If you need help in finding a lawyer who specializes in resolving securities complaints, you may want to try the following:

The American Bar Association will not refer you directly to an attorney, but will provide you with the name and phone number of a referral service in your area. This is a free service. read more . . .

Before you Invest, Investigate...

Research Brokers, Brokerage Firms, Investment Adviser Representatives
and Investment Adviser Firms