The PIABA Foundation

Promoting Investor Education

(405) 310-2444
 (855) 410-2444



Additional Help

Attorney Referrals
If you need help in finding a lawyer who specializes in resolving securities complaints, you may want to try the following:

The American Bar Association will not refer you directly to an attorney, but will provide you with the name and phone number of a referral service in your area. This is a free service.

Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association is a national bar association whose members are lawyers specializing in representing individual investors in arbitration, mediation, and other legal actions. Most members offer a free initial consultation either by phone or in person. The referral service is free.

Other Information
If you already have a lawyer, consult with him or her about your options and whether you need a lawyer who specializes in securities.

You may want to call several bar associations to obtain a varied listing of lawyers in your area. Many lawyers will offer to consult with you initially for free or charge a minimal fee.

Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory. This Directory can be found at many libraries or at their website. It lists lawyers by state and jurisdictions. Some state and local bar associations also compile directories and may list attorneys according to specialty.

Arbitration and Mediation Clinics. Learn more about arbitration and how investors in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC can use Arbitration and Mediation Clinics.

Before you Invest, Investigate...

Research Brokers, Brokerage Firms, Investment Adviser Representatives
and Investment Adviser Firms